Which food should You eat to avoid acne? 9 foods that cure acne.More often than not, a lot of people who liked my page on Facebook ask me about the solutions to their pimple problems. I usually pose them one question, “Do you have any idea why there are pimples on your face?” I don’t get any answers. That’s the problem. See, You have pimples and there must be reasons behind it. Without any reason, it is impossible. First, I’ll recommend you to read this article, where I have shared why do you get pimples.
After realizing the causes, you must start your journey towards solutions. However, If you find out that the cause of your acne is your current diet, then you must change it. If your current diet consists of foods that cause acne, then switch to foods that cure acne. So, in this article, I am going to share the following things, whose meanings are the same-
1. Foods that cure acne
2. Anti-acne foods
3. Diet for acne free skin
4. Acne diet plan
5. Foods that get rid of acne
Keep these things in mind before strict to this diet.
You must avoid Junk Foods, Oily foods, and fast foodsWill you deny, if I will share a pizza with you? Would You like to miss that party which your friend offering you on his birthday? Or, would you decline to digest that leg piece in KFC, which your girlfriend/ boyfriend offering you? I think You would not miss them. Right?
But, if you do have acne problems, you must refrain from such kind of foods. You have to follow a strict diet. A diet which consists of foods that cure acne.
You have to consistent.
No doubt, this is not a 20-20 or One Day match. Suppose you eat “acne curing foods” today and from the next day onwards you start eating those acne causing foods. Then definitely, this will not work for you.
In order to get that skin which you have dreamt of, You need to follow it on a regular basis. Make a habit of following it. Eventually, You will be surprised thinking about where you were and where you are now. Enjoy the process.
Consistency is the key.
Foods that cure acne- these foods are not the last wordSuppose you follow these foods and see no improvements in your skin. Then what will you do? You can do nothing except analyzing other factors.
You have to avoid drinks. Say no to smoking. By the way, smoking and drinking cause cancer, we all know it. Then, You must sleep at least 8 hours a day.
You have to drink 3-5 liters of water every single day. Got it?
If the cause is hormonesIf You are a teen and after sticking to an acne curing diet and avoiding those foods that cause acne, you see no result then you have no option. See, Teenage is an age, where your body secrets more hormones. That time is the growth time of your body. I think there is no option left that you can try to get rid of acne or pimples. Better, visit a dermatologist.
Next, Come to those foods which cure acne.
Foods that cure acne.
1. Include Fruits in Your dietDo you know there some fruits which help in fighting with acne? These fruits do wonder than medicines. Start eating fruits. Make a time table. Starting from breakfast, lunch to dinner at night, inculcate fruits in your diet. There are many fruits that cure acne. Those are anti-acne fruits. For example-
- And etc.
2. Eat more vegetablesYes. If your skin is prone to acne, then start consuming more vegetables. It will do wonder. Eat those vegetables which help in curing acne. Eat anti-acne foods. There are many vegetables which are rich in fiber, proteins and other nutrients. Eat those foods. There are such vegetables which cure acne. For example-
- And etc..
3. Foods which are rich in zincIf you eat foods that rich in zinc then you will get benefits. Among them, preventing acne is one. What do these Zinc-rich foods do?
- They regulate metabolism
- They regulate hormone levels
- It helps in regulating Sebum production
- Pairing Bonus: Zinc transports Vitamin A to other parts of the body including skin
- They have an important contribution to the development of skin
- Pumpkin seeds
- Veal Liver
- Squash Seeds
- Dried watermelon seeds
- Toasted wheat germ
- And etc.
4. Foods that are rich in Vitamin AFoods that contain Vitamin A are considered to be beneficial for the skin. The reason is simple, we all know, they reduce inflammation. The anti-oxidant properties that these foods posses ultimately help in preventing skin damage. Vitamin A works as an acne combatant, to say the least. Vitamin A comes from Carotenoids. And it is found in creams such as Retinoids and Retinols.
How does it benefit you?
- It decreases inflammation
- It increases skin cell growth
- It smooths your skin
- It decreases sebum production
There are some foods that cure acne which is rich in Vitamin A and You must add them to your diet. Such as-
- Butternut Squash
- Swiss Chard
- Beef Liver
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- Cod liver oil
- And etc.
Warning- Before taking any Vitamin A supplements, You have to consult with a doctor. Why I’m telling you this because the toxicity of Vitamin A can cause damage to other organs of your body.
5. Omega-3 Fatty AcidsThere are several Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Such as-
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)
- DPA (Docosapentaenoic Acid)
- SDA (Stearidonic Acid)
- ETA (Eicosatrienoic Acid)
- ALA (Alpha-Linolenic Acid)
- Flax seeds
- And etc
6. Low Glycemic dietDo you know what is the meaning low glycemic diet? In simpler terms, those foods which are poor in sugar. Studies have shown that consuming foods which have a low glycemic index can prevent occurring acne. Furthermore, It can help in improving your skin condition. There are many examples of some foods that cure acne. Such as-
- Oat Bran
- Sweet Potato
- Non-starchy vegetables
- And etc.
7. Probiotic FoodsProbiotics? Do you understand what the term means? If You do not know, let me tell you in a very short way.
There are two types of bacteria. Such as-
- Friend - Who are good for our body
- Foe – Which do harm to our body
- Saccharomyces boulardii
There are many examples of probiotics foods that cure acne. Such as-
- Kefir (Fermented probiotic milk drink)
- And etc.
8. AntioxidantsAt first, did you notice something here? Anti-oxidants! You must have understood the meaning and how it can help you. Right? Antioxidants. Opposite to oxidants. Anti-oxidants kill bacteria. Also, they fight and defend free radicals. Consuming more antioxidant foods increase your blood’s antioxidant level. How to know which foods have antioxidants? Generally, experimenting with the ability of food in how it neutralizes a specific free radical, scientists measure the antioxidant content of foods.
There are some foods that cure acne having high antioxidants. Such as-
- Blue Berries
- Red Cabbage
- And etc.
9. Green TeaGreen tea is full of antioxidants. Do You know green tea is rich in catechins which is antimicrobial in nature? You can use it as a toner also. In addition to that, It has inflammatory property. Basically, You can use it as you want. You can drink it or can apply all over your face.
The Bottom LineI have tried to cover most of the foods that cure acne. Now, It’s your turn. Don’t make it as a new year resolution from the last date of December and break it at the end of January. Avoid those foods which cause acne. Stick to the foods that cure acne. Eat low glycemic foods. Avoid junk foods, fast foods, and oily foods. At the same time, say no to alcohol and drinks, Start eating fruits and more vegetables. And last, not the least, drink sufficient water.
I repeat, Consistency is the key.
You may like this post-